Fresh Thoughts and Ideas : Eco Friendly Parenting and More!
The mall Santa photo... 2016 edition January 15, 2017 00:00
Every year around the holidays parents and children stream to local malls to get their photo taken with Santa. This tradition has been around as long as I can remember. With kids dressed in their designer duds and parents on-the-go, sweating in heavy coats, stress creasing their foreheads as they try to endure the proceedings. Usually the outcome is a slightly grainy, overly cerise looking image of a mildly entertained kid, to be stored away for years to come.
This year I noticed something new. This year there seemed to be a HUGE number of people who proudly shared photos of their kids in great distress with Santa. As it continued I started to get curious. Were people doing it on purpose? Was it the Christmas 2016 meme to have your kid screaming their head off with Santa uncomfortably hovering to the side?
While at the mall I tried to scope it out. It seemed that at least 30% of the parents were incredibly entertained by their screaming child, and another 30% were simply out of ideas to fix it. So I welcome your thoughts and insights... What drove this trend (if in fact that's what it was)? I can't deny that I saw a couple hilarious shots of angry babies, but did parents truly embrace this trend or was it simply a case of holiday exhaustion being turned into comedy? Either way, hopefully you used an eco-friendly / green mindset when shopping this holiday season!
(A special thanks to Oh Snap! Photography by David Bean for the photo).
Piperoos Product Reviews in 2016 January 5, 2017 21:37
2016 was the year we had new parents trying out Piperoos Eco Friendly Baby Change Pads. In total, 9 bloggers accepted to review our multi-purpose everyday 100% organic cotton pad and they all LOVED them. Here's why:
- They are beautiful (& stylish) - packaging included.
- They are versatile (good for changing diapers yes, but also great for tummy time, burp cloths, as a towel and even to sleep on).
- They are genuinely eco friendly.
- They are easy to use (machine washable).
If you want to read about all of the reasons Piperoos are well-loved, here's a list of our 2016 product reviews.
- Our first (and terrific) review from The Green Mama was in February.
- Jess from This Twin Life discovered Piperoos in March.
- Izzy's mama was delighted to rave about our changing pads on Busy Little Izzy, also in March.
- Shea Curry from Shameless Mama enjoyed using Piperoos with her twins in May.
- Emily from Just Playing House found Piperoos were a great treat for Sienna, her third child, when she tried them in July.
- Sarah from Real Simple Mama used Piperoos through a move (and loved them), also in July.
- Melly Woo enjoyed the versatility of our green baby change pad in August.
- Tavia from Tiny Drops of Honey provided a wonderfully complete review of Piperoos in October.
- Brittany from Anchored Mommy was super impressed with the versatility, softness and eco friendly packaging in October as well.
A Great Review From The Green Mama February 18, 2016 00:00
Earlier this month, we got a terrific product review for our eco friendly baby change pads from thegreenmama.com.
Laura shared some of her thoughts on Piperoos and describes them as being a "super stylish multi-purpose cloth that goes from blanket to change mat to burp cloth" and that "having reusable cloths handy allows (her) to keep everyone tidy but still mitigate the amount of tissue, toilet paper, napkins, disposable wipes, and paper towel that end up in the landfill."
Read the full review here.