Fresh Thoughts and Ideas : Eco Friendly Parenting and More!
Eco-Friendly Lunch Ideas September 08, 2017 12:15
It's that time of year! School has started and vacation is definitely over. It's back to the meal planning and lunch packing fun of September.
In order to inspire you to make your lunches as eco-friendly as possible for you, your partner or your kid(s), we've pulled together some pretty terrific ideas.
Eco-Friendly Lunch Ideas
**these recipes are plant-based because plant-based is always eco-friendly.
- Coconut & Tofu Thaï Red Curry - 4 servings of easy-to-bring-with deliciousness
- Tofu feta & sun-dried tomato orzo salad - a big batch of family-friendly salad that can be used as a side or even a main dish.
- The classic "picnic" lunch : fresh veggies, hummus, crackers and veggie pâté
- Bean-based sandwich mixes
Tips For a "Green" Lunchbox
- Invest in some good tupperware that you can use and wash and repeat
- Choose reusable snack bags vs. plastic snack bags (for example these bags from Itzy Ritzy with adorable patterns)
- Avoid juice boxes and individual yogurt containers (or at least recycle them). Use instead small plastic or glass containers such as mason jars (you can get tiny little 4 oz ones that are perfect for small portions)
If you make just one eco-friendly recipe or put into place one "green" lunchbox tip, you'll be making a difference. We sincerely hope that your back-to-school/work experience is a great one and don't forget to focus on what's important : the people you love. It makes every day brighter.
Why we love Earth Baby March 23, 2017 02:00
Finding Earth Baby was such a victory for Piperoos! This charming, earth friendly boutique on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City is like a treasure chest full of green baby treats.
This store has so many adorable things that you have to allow yourself some time to really look and absorb what's in here. Also, Renee and her team have done such a great job on the decor that on one of my initial visits I tried to buy one of her decorations.
Best of all though, is that this store is filled with green products made by local moms! They source locally and are a great voice in the community encouraging people to invest in local businesses. They also focus on organic products and do a wonderful job educating people about green and eco-friendly options for your baby and home.
Speaking of local... it's always a treat when the team shares which local celebrity has recently stopped by.